The U.S. Congress passed the “Affordable Care Act” so that all Americans have the opportunity to obtain good medical care. Most health plans offered under this system will cover doctor visits, hospital visits, maternity care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and services for mental health and substance abuse disorders. A few important points:
- Insurance companies are now required to cover people with pre-existing health conditions.
- It is now illegal for health insurance companies to arbitrarily cancel your health insurance just because you get sick.
- Insurance companies can no longer set lifetime and yearly dollar limits on coverage of essential health benefits.
- Most insurance plans now provide free preventive care.
- Note that each plan is different and copays and deductibles may apply.
Let our Certified Application Counselors assist you with the application process. You or your family may even be eligible for financial assistance to help cover your premiums.
The centers operate three clinics in Cabarrus and Rowan Counties. Certified Application Counselors will be available to assist you during the days and times listed (click here). Please call 704-792-2274 (English) or 704-792-2239 (English and Spanish), or email ACA@crchc.org to make an appointment.